Research & Development Machinist I
Manual machining experience required, CNC experience and R&D machine shop work preferred.
Under close supervision, perform planning, layout, setup, and operation of various conventional machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Job Description
- Sets up machines to perform operations, computes angular dimensions where required, locates and lays out reference lines, center points, and lines.
- Plans the sequence of operations to be performed.
- Determines the proper cutting tools required. to perform machining task.
- Selects the proper speed and feeds for conditions.
- Performs basic machining tasks.
- Checks own work for conformance to specifications using precision measuring equipment.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year machining experience or certificate of completed training from an approved school or training facilities.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, sketches and tool designs.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Other Requirements:
- Must be able to apply shop mathematics including trigonometry functions.
- Must have experience operating conventional machinery including drills, grinders, milling machines and lathes.
- Must be able to grind own cutting tools when required.
- Basic PC skills.
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft. Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.